The Vision and Future of the ChildLight Schools Association
Some of the ideas that have been expressed to promote our
purpose are as follows. It is our belief that the quality and
vision of this organization will continue to expand as new
schools join us in our venture.
The purpose of assisting schools and school educators in their
growth in Charlotte Mason education may be carried in some
of the following ways:
- Creative ways to carry out additional teacher training
by conferences and seminars geared to particular grade levels
with different formats
- Inspirational and disciplinary training of school staff
to enrich souls as well as illumine minds.
- Gatherings of CM educators from other parts of the USA
to share ideas with association leadership
- School Board and other non-teaching staff training in CM
philosophy and sharing good practical ideas to better serve
- Exclusive access to Child Light produced materials like
the Eve Anderson videos, Story of Charlotte Mason books,
CM Grammar Books, etc.
- Publication of curriculum pamphlets (like the old PNEU
ones) that deal with specific CM issues in today's school
to use copy books in your class" or "nature study
in the asphalt jungle")
- Regular ChildLight led "field trips" to Ambleside,
UK and other places of inspiration.
- Periodic newsletters with sections promoting "how we
accomplished this in our school" highlight to encourage
all the schools.
- Consulting visits from CM educators to provide ideas, encouragement,
and relationships (as Eve Anderson did so effectively)